Friday, September 26, 2014

Bring the Ships Home

When we first met, I was like the northern seas
Dark, turbulent, frozen, and distant
Icebergs were there, those were the emotions that
I could feel
They were capable of crushing you, tearing you open
before dragging you down into the frozen depths

Quickly, though, faster than I could have ever imagined
You took from me those frozen seas
Maybe you took me from those frozen seas
I'm not sure which and I'm not sure that the distinction
really matters





You guided me, like a lighthouse, carefully past the hidden rocks,
dangerous currents, and the changing tides
Before I knew it, you had led me to warmer, calmer, clearer seas
Seas that reflected the clear blue beauty of the skies
Where I surprisingly found myself leading other boats and ships
to calmer ports for their replenishment

Thank you for bringing the ships home from sea


No comments:

Post a Comment