Sunday, September 21, 2014

At The Roxx, flash fiction

11:34 at The Roxx, a local bar, a real dive. The victim, a female 28, pale complexion, straight red hair in a ponytail, brown eyes, short, thin, dressed to party. “Not a working girl, but ..”

The coroner, Jimmy, and I looked at the gaping hole that was her chest. “Death was caused by blunt force trauma?”

“No, this trauma was caused by something coming out.” The coroner was dead pan and serious.

“An exit wound?” I gingerly lifted her shoulders and Jimmy looked.

“No entrance wounds.” His eyes widened in shock “Something came out of her.”

Maybe it was the shock of what I was seeing or what my mind was trying to absorb was too much for me right then. I don't know, but something was watching. Something close by was moving, claws were scraping on concrete as it moved in the shadows. As it sniffed the wind and, as I would learn later, got our scents.


No comments:

Post a Comment