Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fan Fiction inspired by the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and the movie Blade Runner



It was with a sad heart that I stood there in the rain. Looking down at it. The android called Zhora, face down in the street. She could have killed me back there. I watched grimly, sadly, as the red liquid that pumped through it's artificial veins was diluted and washed away by the rain. In the garish neon lights, I watched the red liquid in the gutter flowing down the drain. Androids, somehow, somewhere along the line, developed their own sense of awareness. They embodied Nietzsche's “I think, therefore I am” philosophy of life. Sure, they're artificial, but, philosophically and, maybe, scientifically meet the definition of life. Lately, it seems, I can't get my head around the fact that my job is to assassinate them. I suppose that's why Iran, my wife, left me. She couldn't get her head around it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment