Sunday, November 2, 2014

Wood Fire

It's colder outside now, yes. But I'm still in my t-shirt

and I;m sweating a little now, too. I've been splitting
wood. Splitting wood for you. We could just use the
heater, but that just isn't the same.

I like the house with that faint scent of smoke from the
fire. You do, too, so you've said.

I like the way the heat from the fire feels so very
different, somehow it's warmer. You've said that, too.

The crackling is so comforting.

The light is a warmer glow than any lamp can give.

A fire brings a peace that is warmer than anything that any electric blanket can give.


But, for now, I've set my axe where it normally waits, in a sturdy log. It's there I will find it tomorrow when I come back to split more wood. Even though it's cold out now and it will be colder out tomorrow, you can be sure that I will work up another sweat splitting more wood. All to keep us warm in our little house this winter, just like last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment