Thursday, August 21, 2014

Writing Exercise

Hello, everyone. A little while ago I signed up to receive writing prompts and other exercises from Joe Bunting at The Write Practice (http://www.thewritepractice.com). The exercises are generally interesting, almost always a challenge, and, without a doubt, bring forth a surprise for me. Yesterday's was certainly no exception.

The problem addressed was writer's block. The solution presented was to write gibberish for 10 minutes. Just write what comes to mind and then post our results on his blog page. Which I did and am delisting here for your amusement or bemusement, whichever you prefer.

If you have not been to Joe's blog yet, I think you would do well to visit and consider his techniques.

Here is my 10 minutes of mad mental mumbling;

Time is warm and the egg is moist! I must get to the warp pad before the tiny grapefruit boil over in the bracabrac sauce. Why? because clay elephants wading in the ocean leave no tracks on the tonsils of mega mouthed clams and snail tongues licking daisies. Just because your sky is blue does not mean that my shoes are, too tiny to see with a telescopic zoom lens. Still, there might be another thing coming in the dryer venting about the crowds on the bus going down the drain spout to wash the spider out, but out comes the sun stroke will stop them in their tracks across the freshly laid concrete all smooth and floated no flaws or wrinkles and not too bloated. Hey, my tongue's not coated, that bag has not been toted, he gloated, my he got my goated the lilly pad was toaded, it was fully loaded, or so the reporter noted and the proud mother doted over her little tadpoles wiggling in the puddle drying fast beneath the sun that was drying up the rain so that the spider could crawl up the spout again. With this final thought I leave you, tuna does not fly on the north winds of yesteryear!

No comments:

Post a Comment